Siracusa
This weekend's trip took us to Siracusa, well actually a small island in Siracusa called Ortygia. In Greek mythology its was said to have been ruled by Calypso, the sea nymph, who detained Ulysses for 7 years. The Island is so small it is easy to see everything by foot. We started at the market, where they had a lot of squid for sell. It gave me the creeps. Then we walked the town stopping at fountains and churches. We ended the day walking near the water, watching the boats come in. I love this place, I want to visit again.
Addy walking near the water
Watching the boats

Alley we took to get to the water
Brandon and Addy dancing on the steps of the church. There was a young boy playing the accordion, and Addy insisted we dance. I am sure we were quite a sight to see.
Santa Lucia All Badia Church. This is a picture of one of the church leaders and under it is his crown and some of his bones.
close up of the crown and bones
More pictures of inside the church. The pictures don't do justice to the beauty of reverence of this church.
Addy sitting on a pillar in the church
Santa Lucia all Badia Church

Cool building we passed


1 Comments:
Again, I want your life! Darn the Marine Corps and not having a base in Italy! Looks so fun! Love the photos of Addy posing and Brandon and Addy dancing! So funny!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home