Prague Day one
Two words come to mind when I think of Prague, beautiful and hot! the biggest adjustment for me is the heat. Now don't get me wrong I have lived in hot places before. I was pregnant with Addy in June, in Florida, so I know hot and humid. But in the states I would go from my air conditioned house, get in my car turn on the A/C, drive to my A/C work. Then if I had errands to run I would go to a store or resturaunt all which have A/C. Here our room is barely air conditoned, then we walk blocks some times miles, in the heat to beautiful churches, shops, or restaurants which of course have no air conditioning, then walk some more until we get make to our sticky slightly cooler room.
I should warn you about the pictures, I did not bring hair product or curling irons(we didn't want to check any bags) I was going to buy stuff at the convenient store in the lobby of the hotel. No such luck. I used hats and ponytails to keep my frizzy sticky hair off my sweaty face.
We got here at noon on Friday July 2nd, the flight was great and Addy was wonderful. We grabbed lunch at a restaurant near our hotel. It was nice to have something besides pasta and pizza. We choose a big plate of meat and potatoes. Then after Addy's nap we went sight seeing around Old Town, and the Jewish Ghetto (the real name). In the middle of Old Town they had a huge TV screen, vendors, and games for the World Cup games. Brandon was in heaven. We ended the night with a carriage ride.
By the time we got home we were all exhausted, and since we only got 2 English stations on the TV, we could watch news and soccer (I am sure you know which one Brandon chose) I went to sleep quickly. I do miss TV, I miss DVR, I miss mindless sitcoms, and reality shows meant to entertain me.


2 Comments:
It looks so beautiful there...that is on our to do list before we leave. And I totally understand the no a/c....it's terrible! I find myself driving around a lot since that's like the only form of a/c I get here.
A few things, you don't look hot or horrible in the photos. You look great! I'm convinced that no one truly knows what hot is until they live in Okinawa. It's hot like Corpus on ten million time more humid and hot. If you can believe it. It is really the humid that is the worst!
Also, we only get afn over here, so look into these two things: appleTV and a slingbox. We use our slingbox (which is connected to my parent's satellite dish) and I watch all the shows that I like through their satellite and dvr. I watch while they are sleeping because you have to watch the same thing. We got it mostly to watch College Football, but I watch all of my shows this way. The internet connect has to be pretty fast to get it to work, but if your parents are willing, then it is a great (and free) option for tv watching.
Love the photos! So much fun! You guys look great! Love the black dress!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home